Ten top tips for Alfa Laval Compablocs
Ten top tips to keep your Alfa Laval Compabloc in tip top condition
Ensure the Compabloc is properly installed. Contact Alfa Laval for support with installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Open and close valves slowly to avoid water hammer from pressure surges during start-up and shutdown.
- Make sure that the unit is properly vented. For large units, the vent connections should be kept opened and connected.
- Check that the control system complies with the Compabloc manual to ensure stable operation and smooth temperature and pressure ramp up during start-up or shutdown. We suggest you contact Alfa Laval to train your operators for optimum and reliable operations.
- Monitor the heat exchanger's performance and pressure drop proactively in order to better plan cleaning and maintenance. This will enable you to further improve the sustainability of the system. Alfa Laval can support you with a Performance Assessment that will determine the optimal cleaning intervals for your specific conditions.
- Use a cleaning method that is optimized according to the nature of your heat exchanger's duty. Alfa Laval's service experts can help you determine and implement the best practices for cleaning your unit.
- Change the panel gaskets every time you open the panels. Alfa Laval recommends that you keep a set of genuine spares designed for your unit in stock, so you can always be ready for maintenance.
- Always grease the bolts of the heat exchanger after performing maintenance so that the unit is ready for the next maintenance interval.
- Flush and/or drain your Compabloc in the case of a long shutdown. Double-check the tightening torque of all panels bolts before re-starting operation.
- Take advantage of any planned shutdown period to check the actual state of your Compabloc. This will help you avoid unplanned stops. With a Condition Audit service, our experts can do this for you on location.
Как мы можем Вам помочь?
Специалисты компании Alfa Laval готовы помочь и ответить на все Ваши вопросы.