Ten top tips for gasketed plate heat exchangers
Ten top tips to keep your gasketed plate heat exchanger in tip top condition
- Make sure that the operating conditions (temperatures and flow rates) comply with the design specifications.
- At start-up, vent the heat exchanger but open and close the valves slowly to avoid pressure surges and water hammer.
- Use upstream filters and strainers to remove particulate fouling and protect the heat exchanger.
- On a daily basis check for any changes in temperature or pressure and check for any signs of external leaks.
- On a regular basis keep the tightening bolts clean and well-lubricated.
- Use Performance Audit to avoid having to open the plate heat exchanger for inspection.
- Use Cleaning-In-Place (CIP) to avoid the need to open the heat exchanger for cleaning.
- Always keep stand-by units clean and dry. If a heat exchanger is taken out of service, flush with fresh water and drain it completely.
- Protect heat exchangers from water splash and rain. Avoid exposure to ultra violet rays and ozone typically generated from electrical sources.
- Only use genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain a stock of essential spare parts and follow the storage instructions.
Как мы можем Вам помочь?
Специалисты компании Alfa Laval готовы помочь и ответить на все Ваши вопросы.